Happy New Year! We hope all of our students had a wonderful break, and we look forward to seeing everyone back on Wednesday, January 5th to start the second semester of the 21-22 school year.
As many employees started back to school today, we want you to know that all Walton County school principals and administrators met first thing this morning to discuss the rise in COVID cases and how each school can best prepare for the return of students.
Walton County Schools will continue current mitigation practices, which are listed in detail below. Please know that we are prepared, and schools have the supplies they need. All schools have cleaning materials, including hand sanitizer, and all schools have access to masks, if any student and/or adult wants one. Schools will continue to use the Florida Department of Education’s Decision Tree (listed on our district website) when conducting contact tracing of positive COVID-19 cases and/or exposure. Please note the most important mitigation strategy listed below - #1 – If a person is sick, they should stay home.
Please know the Walton County School District is being proactive when it comes to the pandemic, as we do with all safety measures. If parents or students have any concerns or questions, please feel free to text us at 850.204.9667 or email at [email protected]. Until then, we look “4rwd” to seeing everyone back! #EPIC 4wrd
Walton County School District COVID-19 Mitigation Strategies for the 2021-2022 School Year
- If a person is sick (students, teachers, staff, and visitors), they should stay home.
- Face covering is optional for all, including the bus.
- Hand sanitizer is available at various areas inside the school.
- Social distancing from others is encouraged as much as possible.
- Signs will be displayed to remind those in schools about social distancing, as well as the use of hand sanitizer, washing of hands, and face coverings.
- Cleaning and disinfecting school facilities/buses which are occupied by students will be done daily.
- Adequate mitigation supplies are on hand at all schools/facilities (hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, masks, etc.).
- COVID-19 vaccination is optional for all students and employees.
- COVID-19 contact tracing is occurring in all schools/facilities (2021-2022 WCSD Decision Tree for employees and students).
- At this time non-essential visitors and volunteers are not allowed to enter schools. This mitigation strategy will be revisited in the next few weeks.