The Walton County School District offers individual courses (up to a full schedule) through the Walton Virtual School to public, private, and home school students that are in grades Kindergarten through 12th. As a franchise partner with the Florida Virtual School (FLVS), the Walton County School District is able to provide one of the best on-line curriculum programs in the country at no cost to you.
Beginning with the Spring Semester of 2020, the Walton Virtual School will also offer courses for initial credit through Edgenuity.
Through Edgenuity and FLVS, Walton Virtual School is able to offer two (2) different program options: Walton Virtual Full-time and Walton Virtual Part-time. Both programs provide on-line instruction from Walton County teachers who are certified and considered highly-qualified educators by the Florida Department of Education.
Walton Virtual Part-time requirements are as follows:
- Student must be enrolled in a Walton County Public School.
- A full course schedule of at least six (6) courses is required. A combination of courses at the brick and mortar Walton County Public School, Walton Virtual School courses and Florida Virtual School courses are acceptable.
Walton Virtual Full-time requirements are as follows:
- A full course schedule of at least six (6) WVS courses is required. A combination of WVS courses and Florida Virtual School/Edgenuity courses are acceptable if a course is not offered thorugh WVS.
- Florida Standards Assessment participation is required.
- Immunization records must be provided.
- Registration paperwork must be completed and submitted to the Walton County District Office.
With the Walton Virtual full-time option, a Walton County diploma may be earned.
Walton Virtual part-time students may be public, private, or home school students; however, since Walton Virtual School is a public school, courses begin and end according to the Walton County School District School Board approved school calendar. Enrollment is available for public, private, and home school students at the beginning of the school year.
Whether you choose to participate in the full-time or part-time virtual option, you will have:
- The ability to monitor your student’s day to day academic activity at home for the courses that you choose
- The advantage and convenience of a state-of-the-art online curriculum for:
• Regular classes
• Advanced/Honors classes
• Advanced Placement classes (AP)
- The ability to access your student’s online school activity, lessons, grades, and teacher communications
- The advantage of a certified teacher from Walton County to assist you and your student with questions that may arise
• Teachers are required to return calls and e-mails within 48 hours
• Teachers are required to contact parents and students monthly
• Peer communication is available with online threads for students to collaborate
Semester 2 Enrollment is Now Open
Wish to Enroll
To enroll, please complete the 2019-2020 Walton Virtual School Enrollment Packet and submit. (See the packet for directions for submission.) If you have questions after reviewing the information, please contact the Walton Virtual School Administrator at (850) 892-1100, extension 1514.
Walton Virtual School - School Advisory Council Meeting
You are invited to attend our next School Advisory Council meeting.
|Date:||Wednesday, Marh 4, 2020|
|Time:||9:00 - 11:00 am|
Walton County School District Office
Professional Development Center
145 South Park Street, Building 5
Defuniak Springs, Florida 32435