Student Services Department
The Walton County School District Student Services Department support students and faculty by providing specialized programs to promote academic achievement based on the needs of the schools in our district. The WCSD Student Services Department strives to enhance student satisfaction of their educational experiences in our district while fostering healthy relationships with staff, families and peers. This department focuses on providing the required supports for academic activities that stimulate personal, social, cultural and cognitive development in our students. In addition, this department distributes information to students, parents and the community to prepare students for success in life and with their future academic endeavors.
Our Vision is to meet each student at their level of need while valuing their social, physical, emotional and intellectual differences in order to build positive relationships that will foster independence and life-long success.
Our Mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access for all students while honoring their diverse identities.
The primary functions of the Student Services department include:
- ADA Section 504 Plans
- Attendance and truancy
- College and career services
- Evaluation and testing services
- Exceptional student services
- Home and hospital services
- In-school credit recovery
- Instruction and support services for expectant and parenting students
- Mental health services (Psychologists and Counselors)
- McKinney-Vento/Homeless liaison and support
- Prevention, Intervention and assistance programs
- Residency verification
- School Counseling
- School registration
- Student records