Walton County is located in the Florida Panhandle and is among the largest geographic counties in the state of Florida extending from the Alabama state line to the scenic Emerald Coast along the Gulf of Mexico.
The Walton County School District Transportation Department’s main objective is to transport students to and from school in a safe and timely manner every day. The Walton County School District provides transportation to area schools according to “Transportation Routes.”
In addition to transporting students, the Transportation Department also:
- Provides transportation for extra-curricular activities
- Performs inspections on all buses to ensure safety
- Trains prospective bus drivers in commercial driver training programs
- Maintain all district vehicles to ensure safety
- Issues vehicle numbers.
- Bus Stop Request Form (e-mail form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
How do I register my child for the bus?
Students register to ride the school bus during school registration. Each school will have the appropriate information for buses serving that school.
Transportation Request Forms are available at each school.
Would you like to know when your student's bus is going to be late?
The Transportation Department of Walton County School District is using Bus Bulletin notification system to notify parents and students when there are bus delays and schedule changes.
If you would like to receive instant notifications when delays or incidents affect your student's bus, please register with Bus Bulletin.
- There is no cost for this service.
- Registration is simple and fast.
- You can choose to receive text messages, phone calls, and e-mails.
- Enter up to seven different phone numbers.
- All contact information is stored securely and will not be shared or sold - your privacy is protected.
For more information, or to sign-up and start receiving notifications, please visit:
For help with registration, call Brenda Baker with Walton District Schools Transportation Department at (850) 892-1100 ext. 1642.