The Walton County School District offers individual courses (up to a full schedule) through the Walton Virtual School to public, private and home school students that are in grades 6-12. As a franchise partner with the Florida Virtual School, the Walton County School District is able to provide one of the best on-line curriculum programs in the country at no cost to you. The program provides on-line instruction from Walton County teachers that are certified and highly-qualified educators by the Florida Department of Education.
The WVS offers two (2) different program options: Walton Virtual Full-time and Walton Virtual Part-time.
Walton Virtual Part-time requirements are as follows:
- Student must be enrolled in a Walton County Public School.
- A full course schedule of at least six (6) courses is required. A combination of courses at the brick and mortar Walton County Public School, Walton Virtual School courses and Florida Virtual School courses are acceptable.
Walton Virtual Full-time requirements are as follows:
- A full course schedule of at least six (6) WVS courses is required. A combination of WVS courses and Florida Virtual School courses are acceptable if a course is not offered by WVS.
- FCAT participation is required.
- Immunization records must be provided.
- Registration must be completed in the Walton County District Office.
With the Walton Virtual full-time option, a Walton County diploma may be earned.
Walton Virtual part-time students may be public, private, or home school students; however, since WVS is a public school, courses begin and end according to the Walton County School District school calendar. Enrollment is available for public, private and home school students at the beginning of the school year.
Whether you choose to participate in the full-time or part-time virtual option, you will have:
- The ability to monitor your student’s day to day academic activity at home for the courses that you choose
- The advantage and convenience of a state-of-the-art online curriculum for:
• Regular classes
• Advanced/Honors classes
• Advanced Placement classes (AP)
- The ability to access your student’s online school activity, lessons, grades, and teacher communications
- The advantage of a certified teacher from Walton County to assist you and your student with questions that may arise
• Teachers are required to return calls and e-mails within 24 hours
• Teachers are required to contact parents and students monthly
• Peer communication is available with online threads for students to collaborate
A Walton County School District Registration Form is required as part of the admissions process. You may find the Registration form at http://www.walton.k12.fl.us/registration-forms or contact the Walton Virtual School Administrator at (850) 892-1100, Extension 1410.