High School Students - Technical Dual Enrollment
The purpose of technical dual enrollment is to assist qualified students in achieving relevant industry certifications and postsecondary career technical education credits while also achieving high school credits. Enrollment is available for specific programs only and may be offered at times other than the regular school day. High school students who meet requirements for technical dual enrollment are encouraged to discuss this possibility with their guidance counselor and with the career counselor at ECTC. Students who are participating in technical dual enrollment courses must not be scheduled to graduate prior to completion of the dual enrollment course; i.e., high school seniors who wish to participate in technical dual enrollment may not be dual enrolled in a PSAV course that extends beyond the senior’s scheduled date of graduation. Students who wish to be considered for participation in technical dual enrollment should meet eligibility requirements as detailed on the Emerald Coast Technical College CTE Dual Enrollment Admission Form. Such eligibility requirements include:
- Have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or above
- Be at least 16 years old and currently enrolled in a Walton County District high school (including Walton Virtual School) and/or registered home educated students enrolled in a program that is in compliance with 1002.41 F.S.
- Be free of disciplinary action in the semester prior to enrollment as well as continue to be free of disciplinary action(s) while enrolled in CTE dual enrollment
- Meet specified postsecondary education readiness scores on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Students may contact the advisor/career counselor in ECTC’s student services to arrange for testing and for program required scores.
- Be pursuing an approved industry certification. Students should contact the ECTC counselor/advisor for industry certifications that currently meet this requirement.
- Students and parents/guardians MUST attend a mandatory information session with Emerald Coast Technical College advising staff to review ECTC satisfactory academic progress policies. Students are reminded that they must meet the grading and attendance policy of the ECTC program of enrollment in order to be awarded PSAV credit. Students and parents should review the satisfactory academic progress policies of the specific program of enrollment prior to registration.
- Students must not be schedule to graduate from high school prior to completion of the dual enrollment course in which they are enrolled
- Parents/guardians, students, home school administrative staff, and ECTC staff must sign the CTE Dual Enrollment Admission Form
Emerald Coast Technical College 2017-2018 SY Program Offerings
- ECTC Program Listing 2017 2018.pdf (419.5 KBs)